kops - Kubernetes Operations ¶
The easiest way to get a production grade Kubernetes cluster up and running.
What is kops? ¶
We like to think of it as
kubectl for clusters.
kops helps you create, destroy, upgrade and maintain production-grade, highly
available, Kubernetes clusters from the command line. AWS (Amazon Web Services)
is currently officially supported, with GCE and OpenStack in beta support, and VMware vSphere
in alpha, and other platforms planned.
Can I see it in action? ¶
- Automates the provisioning of Kubernetes clusters in AWS and GCE
- Deploys Highly Available (HA) Kubernetes Masters
- Built on a state-sync model for dry-runs and automatic idempotency
- Ability to generate Terraform
- Supports custom Kubernetes add-ons
- Command line autocompletion
- YAML Manifest Based API Configuration
- Templating and dry-run modes for creating Manifests
- Choose from eight different CNI Networking providers out-of-the-box
- Supports upgrading from kube-up
- Capability to add containers, as hooks, and files to nodes via a cluster manifest